February 2018, AITEX lab (Spain) has tested Poseidon-245 fr fabric to the new version of safety standard for Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes. Poseidon-245 confirmed its compliance to ISO EN 11611:2015 and received a new certificate, which you can see below.
According to EN ISO 11611:2015, Poseidon-245 has been successfully tested to the following tests:
- Limited Flame Spread (ISO 15025:2002, Method A) – performance level – A1
Poseidon-245 results for new samples and after 5 washes @60ºC ISO 6330:2012, method 6N, F drying (tumble dry)
- Flaming to top or either side edge: No – PASS
- Hole formation: No – PASS
- Loose waste: No – PASS
- After flame time (s): No – PASS
- Afterglow time (s): No – PASS
- Fabric Tensile Strength and Elongation (EN ISO 13934-1:2013) – performance level – PASS
- Wrap: 1100N – PASS (must resist ≥ 400 N)
- Weft: 570N – PASS (must resist ≥ 400 N)
- Determination of Tear Resistance (EN ISO 13937-2:2000) – performance level – PASS
- Warp 35N –PASS (must be ≥ 15N)
- Weft 31N – PASS (must be ≥ 15N)
- Small Molten Metal Splash (ISO 9150:1988) – performance level – Class 1
- Average value Molten iron (g): > 20
|Class 1||Minimum 15 drops|
|Class 2||Minimum 25 drops|
- Radiant Heat (ISO 6942) – performance level – Class 1
- Average value for RHTI 24 (s): 13,6
Heat transfer index RHTI 24
|RHTI 24||≥ 7s||≥ 16s|
- Vertical Resistance (ISO 12127-1:2007) – performance level – Pass
- Average value: 6,80∙106
According to the Standard UNE-EN ISO 11611:2015, the vertical electric resistance must be greater than 105 Ohm
ISO 11611:2015 specifies minimum basic safety requirements and test methods for protective clothing during welding and allied processes with comparable risks. This type of protective clothing is intended to protect the wearer against spatter (small splashes of molten metal), short contact time with flame, radiant heat from an electric arc used for welding and allied processes.
Poseidon 245 is a cotton rich blend ensures this protective FR-fabric features high quality of natural fibers and also enforced with durable properties of polyester, such as higher tear and abrasion resistance.
This fabric has been developed for use in a broad range of industries including petro-chemicals and utilities, especially in countries with hot climate. The modern 2/2 twill weave is complemented by Belltron carbon antistatic yarn in a stripe pattern. Flame retardant and antistatic fabric properties provide excellent protection from risks of Flash fire and ESD sparks. Lightweight, comfort and good level of protection make Poseidon 245 optimal fabric for summer protective FR-clothing.
You can find all the certificates and additional information on the Poseidon-245 product page.