According to EN ISO 11612:2015, Gefest-420 has been successfully tested to the following tests:
- Heat Resistance (ISO 17493:2016) – performance level – PASSGefest-420 results for samples and after 5 washing cycles at 60ºC, according to the standard ISO 6330:2012, method 6N, F drying (tumble dry)
|Requirement||No layer сan ignite||No layer can melt||No layer shrinks
more than 5%
- Limited Flame Spread (ISO 15025:2016, Method A) – performance level – A1Gefest-420 results for new samples and after 5 washes @60ºC ISO 6330:2012, method 6N, F drying (tumble dry)
- Flaming to top or either side edge: PASS
- Hole formation: PASS
- Loose waste: PASS
- After flame time (s): PASS
- Afterglow time (s): PASS
- Determination of Dimensional Change in Domestic Washing and Drying (ISO 5077:2008) – performance level – PASS
In accordance with the Standard EN ISO 11612:2015, the dimensional change shall not exceed ±3%
Gefest-420 results for new samples and after 5 washes @60ºC ISO 6330:2012, method 6N, F drying (tumble dry)
- Warp: -3,0 – PASS
- Weft: -2,0 – PASS
- Fabric Tensile Strength and Rupture Elongation (EN ISO 13934-1:2013) – performance level – PASS
- Wrap: 1300N – PASS (must resist ≥ 300 N)
- Weft: 1200N – PASS (must resist ≥ 300 N)
- Determination of Tear Resistance (EN ISO 13937-2:2000) – performance level – PASS
- Warp 31N –PASS (must be ≥ 10N)
- Weft 53N – PASS (must be ≥ 10N)
- Determining Heat Transmission on Exposure to Flame (ISO 9151:2016) – performance level – B1
- Average value for HTIa24 (s): 7,2
Range of HTIa24
|B1||4,0 < 10,0|
|B2||10,0 < 20,0|
a: Heat transfer index, as defined in ISO 9151.
- Radiant Heat (ISO 6942) – performance level – C1
- Average value for RHTI 24 (s): 17,0
Range of HTIa24
|C1||7,0 < 20,0|
|C2||20,0 < 50,0|
|C3||50,0 < 95,0|
ª: Heat transfer index, as defined in ISO 6942
- Assessment of Resistance of materials to Molten metal splash (EN ISO 9185:2007) – performance level – E3
- Average value Molten iron (g): > 204
|Performance level||Molten iron (g)|
- Contact Heat (ISO 12127-1:2015) – performance level – F1
- Average threshold time (S): 6,3
ISO 12127-1:2007 specifies a test method for the determination of contact heat transmission. It is applicable to protective clothing (including hand protectors) and its constituent materials intended to protect against high contact temperatures. ISO 12127-1:2007 is restricted to contact temperatures between 100°C and 500°C.
Threshold time (s)
The performance requirements set out in ISO 11612:2015 are applicable to garments which could be worn for a wide range of end uses, where there is a need for clothing with limited flame spread properties and where the user can be exposed to radiant or convective or contact heat or to molten metal splashes.
Gefest-420 flame retardant protective fabric is purposed for professional welders clothing in different areas such as Machinery, Metallurgy, Oil and Gas Pipeline construction, Automotive etc.
Satin weave of Gefest-420 is extremely useful in protective overalls, bibs or aprons of welders letting molten metal drops go off easily from the smooth surface of the fabric.
Made of natural fibers it is very soft and comfortable to wear and at the same time the fabric protects from the risks of Flash Fire and Electric Arc.
You can find all the certificates and additional information on the Gefest-420 product page.
The gallery was not found!