FR-Lining flame retardant fabric certified to EN 14116

January 2020, our cotton flame retardant fabric FR-Lining was tested and certified to EN ISO 14116:2015 (Protective clothing – Protection against heat and flame – Limited flame spread materials). The testing was done at independent international laboratory AITEX (Spain).

This standard specifies the performance requirements for the limited flame spread properties of all materials and protective clothing in order to reduce the possibility of the clothing burning when in occasional and brief contact with small flames and thereby constituting a hazard.

FR-Lining is a very light flame retardant fabric made of 100% cotton with density of 160 g/m2 and plain 1/1 weave. Thin, soft and pleasant to touch, yet durable and flame retardant.

This flame retardant lining fabric has undergone the following tests (according to ISO 14116):

  1. Thermal behavior. Limited flame spread. Method A (Surface ignition) – performance level INDEX 3
  • The hole or the lower part of the flame mustn’t reach the highest or vertical bottom of the specimen
  • No specimen shall give flaming or molten debris.
  • No specimen shall give hole formation of 5 mm or greater in any direction, except for an interlining that is used for specific protection other than flame protection
  • The afterflame time is ≤ 2 s e) The afterglow time is ≤ 2 s
  1. Fabric Tensile Strength and Elongation (EN ISO 13934-1:2013) – performance level  PASS

The relative expanded uncertainty of Tensile strength resistance is ±5% assay value of the measured, for a probability of coverage of 95%.
The material must resist a breaking load in both directions ≥ 150 N.

  • Wrap: 710N PASS
  • Weft: 470N PASS
  1. Determination of Tear Resistance (EN ISO 13937-2:2000) – performance level – PASS

The relative expanded uncertainty of Tear resistance is ±3.9% assay value of the measured, for a probability of coverage of 95%.

The external material must resist a determination of tear resistance in both directions ≥ 7.5 N.

  • Warp: 16NPASS (must be ≥ 7.5N)
  • Weft: 13NPASS (must be ≥ 7.5N)
  1. Determination of Dimensional Change in Domestic Washing and Drying (ISO 5077:2008) – performance level PASS
    In accordance with the Standard EN ISO 11612:2015, the dimensional change shall not exceed ±3%

    FR Lining results for new samples and after 5 washes @60ºC ISO 6330:2012, method 6N, F drying (tumble dry)

  • Warp: -1,5 – PASS
  • Weft: -1,0 – PASS

You can find all certificates and additional information on the product page.