November 2018, our new flame retardant fabric FR-Jersey-160 was tested and certified to EN ISO 14116:2015 (Protective clothing – Protection against heat and flame – Limited flame spread materials). The testing was done at independent international laboratory AITEX (Spain).
This standard specifies the performance requirements for the limited flame spread properties of all materials and protective clothing in order to reduce the possibility of the clothing burning when in occasional and brief contact with small flames and thereby constituting a hazard.
Flame retardant modacrylic fabric FR-Jersey (60% Modacrylic, 39% Viloft, 1% AS) 160gsm is used for fr base layer (FR underwear). Our FR knitted fabric is certified to ISO 14116 (Limited Flame spread) and EN 1149 (Antistatic properties). FR-Jersey-160 fr underwear as a part of flame retardant garments guarantees complete protection for employees.
This flame retardant lining fabric has undergone the following tests (according to ISO 14116):
- Thermal behavior. Limited flame spread. Method A (Surface ignition) – performance level – PASS
- The hole or the lower part of the flame mustn’t reach the highest or vertical bottom of the specimen
- No specimen shall give flaming or molten debris.
- No specimen shall give hole formation of 5 mm or greater in any direction, except for an interlining that is used for specific protection other than flame protection
- The afterflame time is ≤ 2 s e) The afterglow time is ≤ 2 s
- Burst strength, (after washes) – performance level – PASS
- Dimensional change of textile materials, (after washes) – performance level – PASS